Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas
Bake the Perfect Gift
This is a house-warming gift like no other! Surprise someone special, or a group of friends with your custom Gingerbread House. We have the delicious Gingerbread recipe and step-by-step instructions for building the Gingerbread House, including a printable template. You will not only be able to make the best looking Gingerbread House, but the best tasting, too!
Home baked goods are the perfect gift for those people on your list that already have everything! Go on and bake the traditional holiday cookies, then give them a festive touch with:
- A glittering ornament that will add sparkle to their tree;
- A CD of holiday music to set a festive mood;
- Mistletoe, pinecones or fresh snips off a holly or evergreen bush that give off a wonderful seasonal fragrance;
- Cinnamon sticks are a delicious way to add a subtle holiday flavor to their favorite hot beverage;
- Festive ribbon adds the finishing touch.
Check out our Holiday Party for lots of fun decorating and festive party ideas at Domino Sugar's Holidays, Parties & Gifts. You can even print out your own personalized invitations, name tags and lots more!
- Trail Mix Fruit Cake - try this modern twist on the traditional holiday fruit cake.
- Gingerbread Men Cookies - a plate of these smiley cookies are always a welcomed gift.
- Nutty Chocolate Fudge or White Christmas Fudge - two delicious fudge recipes make one thoughtful gift.
Here is an easy holiday party dessert recipe inspired by a favorite Friday night delivery. Pizza pies make way for Cookie Pies! Start off with shortbread cookie dough, then add various toppings. Bake, drizzle with glaze and cut into slices for everyone. We've shared three topping varieties, but you can have fun with your own favorite toppings:
The pizza pie also serves as inspiration for a way to carry and present your cookie pies as gifts. Not only will bringing one of these to a party ensure you keep getting invited back, but they really are as easy as pie! To carry and decorate your Cookie Pie, you will need:
- 12" x 12" new pizza boxes
- 12" x 12" scrapbooking paper with holiday patterns
- holiday ribbons, stickers and gift tags
- glue stick and tape
Visit your local pizza restaurant and ask to purchase a 12" x 12" pizza box - some may even give one to you. Since the box is 12" x 12", the scrapbook paper will easily glue over the box top. Glue scrapbook sheets to the inside top and as a liner to set your pie on. Decorate the outside of the box with ribbons and stickers, then add a gift tag to label your cookie pie.
Want a great way to gather dozens of different kinds of home-baked holiday cookies, why not host a Cookie Swap with your friends? The cookie swap is an easy and rewarding way to combine baking, fun, and gift giving.
At a cookie swap, you and each of your guests bake one kind of cookiechoose from any one of our delicious cookie recipesin quantities sufficient to share with everyone else. Each guest leaves the party with a dozen of each cookie offering, ready to share right away or to freeze and enjoy later in the season.
Homemade Cookie Dough
This Holiday Season couldn't we all use a little more dough?
Give your family and friends the gift of time along with delicious homemade cookies with Domino® Sugar's Holiday Cookie Rolls. A sprightly wrapped roll of ready-to-bake cookie dough is a simple, low cost gift that is packed with lots of thought and flavor.
Perfect for the busy mom with no time to bake from scratch, or for families with children who would love cutting shapes out of cookie dough without the mess of measuring and mixing. You'll notice our cookie dough recipe is made with egg-substitute, making it perfectly safe to eat right after mixing. Your friends and family can enjoy it alone, or even add it to their favorite ice cream!
Important Note: Cookie dough must be kept refrigerated. This gift is best when you are going straight to the recipient's home where they can place in the refrigerator right away.
Attach these Instructions with your Cookie Dough Gift.
Gift tags for Cookie Dough
Think Outside the Basket
Baskets are always an easy, attractive and recyclable container for your baked treats. But why not try some of these other inspirational ideas to hold your homemade desserts:
- Decorative ceramic bowls
- An empty planter
- A casserole dish
- A mixing bowl along with a wooden spoon
- Vintage tins found at flea markets and antique shops
- A ceramic loaf pan
- A serving platter
- A bed tray
- A small fruit crate
- Hat boxes
- The 4lb. Domino Granulated Sugar Canister is also a great container that you can decorate and fill with baked goods once all your baking is done.
Don't forget, a roll of brightly colored cellophane or plastic wrap and a large bow helps to hold everything together!