Baking Gift Ideas
Nothing shows your appreciation more to family or friends than to give fresh, home baked treats. Here are our ideas for adding special touches when giving your baked goods.
Cookie Mix in a Jar
Give the gift of baking by attractively assembling all of the dry ingredients needed for cookies in tall glass jars. Use pretty ribbons to tie on the recipe, along with a wooden spoon or whisk for an extra special touch. Friends will be encouraged to easily bake their own delicious cookies with these all-ready-to-bake mixes:
Home baked goods are the perfect gift for those people on your list that already have everything! Go on and bake the traditional holiday cookies, then give them a festive touch with:
- A glittering ornament will add sparkle to their tree.
- A CD of holiday music sets a festive mood.
- Mistletoe, pine cones or fresh snips off a holly or evergreen bush give off a wonderful seasonal fragrance.
- Cinnamon sticks are a delicious way to add a subtle holiday flavor to their favorite hot beverage.
- Festive ribbon adds the finishing touch.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to include your recipe so they too can bake and share with friends.
Check out our Holiday Party for lots of fun decorating and festive party ideas at Domino Sugar’s Holidays, Parties & Gifts. You can even print out your own personalized invitations, name tags and lots more!
Try one of our many Holiday Cookie Recipes.
A Muffin Basket
Express your gratitude with a pretty basket put together as a Thank You or Hostess gift. But don’t stop with the muffins.
- Dress up your basket with a set of cheerful cloth napkins.
- Include small jars of jams, jellies or lemon curd.
- A box of herbal tea makes a perfect muffin companion.
- Let your friend create a relaxing mood by adding an unscented votive candle in a pretty holder.
Try our recipe for Sparkling Blueberry Muffins
Cookies for a Couple
Celebrate an engagement, marriage or anniversary with all the essentials for a couple’s quiet time.
- Fill two white ceramic tea cups or breakfast mugs with a cellophane wrapped stack of favorite cookies.
- Add a bag of freshly ground coffee for them to enjoy.
- Include a CD of romantic jazzy music.
- Surprise the happy couple by adding a gift certificate for a restaurant, the movies or a local play.
Try our recipe for Shortbread Cut-out Cookies
Warm bread, muffins or cookies are always a kind gesture to a friend experiencing not so sunny days. Help them de-stress with a delicious home baked treat and a few of these comforting items:
- Add a collection of soothing herbal teas.
- A decorative box of tissues is always welcome.
- A cooling eye mask is just the thing for tired eyes, or heat-pack for aching muscles.
- Tuck in a journal along with a pretty pen to jot down thoughts and ideas.
- A good book will help to while away the hours.
Try our recipe for Banana Bread or Gingersnap Cookies
Brownies, Blondie’s, Bars, Oh My!
Bake batches of three (or more) kinds of bar-shaped treats, then mix them up and place in tins to give away. Give them out in appreciation to teachers, neighbors, dependable service providers or for your co-workers birthdays.
Try our recipes for Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Bars, Nutty Chocolate Brownies or Pecan Blondies
Think Outside the Basket
Baskets are always an easy, attractive and recyclable container for your baked treats. But why not try some of these other inspirational ideas to hold your homemade desserts:
- Decorative ceramic bowls
- An empty planter
- A casserole dish
- A mixing bowl along with a wooden spoon
- Vintage tins found at flea markets and antique shops
- A ceramic loaf pan
- A serving platter
- A bed tray
- A small fruit crate
- Hat boxes
- The 4lb. Domino® Granulated Sugar Canister is also a great container that you can decorate and fill with baked goods once all your baking is done.
Don’t forget, a roll of brightly colored cellophane or plastic wrap and a large bow helps to hold everything together!
Click on any item below to download the themed accessory. You can then print and use them to help make your gift a success!
back to holidays, parties & gifts