- 1 1/2 cups - graham cracker crumbs (1 package)
- 1 cup - chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon - lemon peel, finely chopped
- 1/2 - stick butter, melted
- 3 - large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 3 - (8 oz.) packages Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup - Domino® Organic Light Agave Nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup - cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon - lemon peel, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup - low-fat sour cream, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350º F. Place two racks in oven; the top for the cheesecake and the bottom for a water bath (2 inches of warm water in a roasting pan).
Crust: Combine crumbs, nuts and lemon peel. Stir in butter until thoroughly blended. Press mixture firmly against bottom of 9" springform pan or a 10” round cake pan lined with parchment paper.
Filling: In a medium bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add agave; blend. Add vanilla, cornstarch and lemon peel. Blend well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes, until smooth. Fold in sour cream. Fold in egg whites. Pour into springform pan. Bake 45-50 minutes until cheesecake is lightly browned on the edges. Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour with door closed. After 1 hour, open door slightly and leave in oven 10 minutes more. Remove cheesecake and allow to cool in pan for an additional hour. Place in the refrigerator, uncovered, for at least 3 hours. Remove from springform pan before serving.
Learn more about Agave Nectar