This recipe comes from Amy Smith of West Haverstraw, New York.
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup - shortening
- 3/4 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup - firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon - almond extract
- 1 cup - instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 1 1/2 cups - chopped dried pineapple
- 1 1/3 cups - flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In large mixing bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and blend well. Stir in instant mashed potato flakes.
In separate, medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in pineapple and coconut. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.