Blueberry Ginger Upside Down Cake
- 2 1/2 cups - (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup plus 1 1/2 cups - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - powdered ginger
- 12 tablespoons - (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 - large eggs
- 3/4 cup - buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut a piece of parchment paper into a 9-inch square and place in the bottom of a 9-inch square pan. Place the blueberries in the pan, and sprinkle 2/3 cup of the sugar evenly over them.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and powdered ginger in a medium bowl. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
On low speed, alternately add half the dry ingredients, then the buttermilk, and then the remaining dry ingredients. Make sure to completely mix after each addition.
Spread the batter in the pan, covering the blueberries. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in pan, and then remove by running a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Invert onto a large platter. Remove the pan and carefully peel off the parchment paper. Cool completely before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Emily Luchetti