- 3/4 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - lemon juice
- 1 quart - blueberries
- 2 tablespoons - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 6 tablespoons - cold butter, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup - light cream or milk
- Softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup - whipping cream
- 1 or 2 tablespoons - Domino® Granulated Sugar
To Prepare Blueberry Filling:
In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, lemon juice and half the berries. Cook over very low heat until sugar melts; raise heat and cook 10 to 15 minutes until mixture thickens. Cool slightly, then stir in remaining berries.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
To Prepare Shortcake:
Grease large cookie sheet. Mix sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Make a well in center, pour in light cream, then stir with a fork just until dough holds together. Turn out onto lightly floured board. Knead for 1 minute. Pat into eight 1/2-inch-thick circles or roll into rectangle and cut with biscuit cutter. Arrange on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until brown. Cut in half horizontally and spread insides with butter. Place heavy cream in medium size bowl. Whip until frothy. Add sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Layer bottom half with sweetened whipped cream, fresh berries and blueberry filling. Cap with top halves.
Makes 8 servings.