Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cake
- 10 oz - semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup - chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3 - eggs
- 1 1/2 cups - sour cream
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch tube pan.
In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; set aside.
Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well mixed. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. On low speed, add flour mixture to batter, beating until smooth.
Spoon 1/3 (about 2 cups) of the batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the topping (scant 1 cup). Repeat layering 2 more times. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan.
Makes 12 servings.
For better mixing results, have all your ingredients at room temperature.