Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 1/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1/2 cup - firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup - (6-oz pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup - chopped pecans or walnuts
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Spoon into 1-quart, widemouthed canning jar. Layer remaining ingredients in order given, making sure to pack down each layer firmly and clean inside of jar with a dry paper towel after each layer. Decorate lid by cutting fabric into a 7-inch wide square or circle. Secure with a rubber band and tie with a decorative ribbon and accents.
Attach these instructions to the jar:
In large mixing bowl, cream together 2/3 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy.
Add contents of jar and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
The Cookie Jar Gift you make and give...a sweet gift idea for friends and co-workers that's so simple to make!
Click here for your Cookie Mix in a Jar decorative hang tag.