Chocolate Marble Cake
- 2 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1/3 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup - shortening
- 1 3/4 cups - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3 - eggs
- 1 2/3 cups - buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - vanilla
- 1/3 cup - unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/4 cup - water
- 1/4 cup - unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons - water
- 2 tablespoons - butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon - light corn syrup
- 1 cup - Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; set aside.
To Prepare Vanilla Batter:
In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixer bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well after each addition. Combine buttermilk and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture with buttermilk, beating well until blended.
To Prepare Chocolate Batter:
In medium bowl, combine cocoa, sugar, baking soda and water. Add 1 cup vanilla batter and stir to combine.
Pour vanilla batter into prepared loaf pans. Spoon chocolate batter on top in dollops. Swirl with spatula or knife to create marbled effect. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and frost with Chocolate Glaze while still warm.
To Prepare Chocolate Glaze:
In small saucepan, combine cocoa, water, butter and corn syrup. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens; remove from heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat until thickened and smooth.
Makes 2 loaves.
To sour milk, measure 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vinegar into measuring cup. Add milk to make 1 2/3 cups.