Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 - egg
- 1 teaspoon - grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon - lemon extract
- 3 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- Assorted Christmas candies and sprinkles
Cream sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon peel, vanilla and lemon extract; mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating at low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate dough 1 hour until chilled.
Heat oven to 350°F. On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate with candies and sprinkles. Repeat with remaining half of dough. Bake at 350°F for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned at edges.
Makes about 3 dozen (3-inch) cookies.