Delightful Devil's Food Drop Cookies with Mocha Frosting
Sinfully Rich and Decadent--Sure to Delight Your Family & Guests
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup - Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 2 oz. - unsweetened chocolate (2 squares), melted and cooled
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 3/4 cup - sour cream
- 1/2 cup - chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons - cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons - instant coffee crystals
- pinch - salt
- 3 cups - Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 3 tablespoons - milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in chocolate. In medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to chocolate mixture alternately with the sour cream. Mix well. Stir in nuts. Drop from teaspoon, 2" apart, onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until done. Cool on waxed paper. When cool, frost with Mocha Frosting.
In large bowl, cream butter, cocoa, instant coffee and salt together. Slowly mix in 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Add remaining 2 cups confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.