Easter Surprise Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup - firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 1 teaspoon - almond or vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 1 1/4 cups - milk
- 24 - unwrapped small chocolate eggs
- Buttercream Frosting (below)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24 medium muffin tins or line with paper baking cups.
Mix butter, sugars, eggs and extract in large mixing bowl until blended. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 5 minutes. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk.
Fill muffin cups 1/3 full and place unwrapped chocolate egg in center of each. Top with remaining batter, until 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool.
Buttercream Frosting: Combine in large bowl, 1 (1 lb.) pkg. Domino® Confectioners Sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup softened butter and 3-4 tablespoons milk. Beat at medium speed 1-2 minutes until creamy. Frost and decorate as desired.
Makes 24 cupcakes.