Fudge Bottom Brownie
A Decadent Brownie Oozing with a Rich, Fudge Bottom and Topped With Raspberries and Whipped Cream!
For the Brownie:
- 1 cup - all-purpose flour
- 1 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup - cocoa powder, unsweetened, divided
- 1 tsp. - baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. - salt
- 2 - eggs, large
- 6 tbsp. - butter (3/4 stick or 3 oz.), unsalted, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 tsp. - vanilla
- 1 cup - walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup - boiling water
- 3/4 cup - Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 2 pkgs. - raspberries, fresh (small packages)
- 2 tbsp. - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- whipped cream
- 1 - milk chocolate bar, for shaving
- 1/2 cup - chocolate melting candies, for hearts
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt. Pour in cooled melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Blend well; stir in nuts. Spread mixture into lightly greased, 8-inch square baking pan. Set aside. (Note: mixture will be thicker than a regular brownie recipe).
In medium, microwave-safe bowl, pour in water; microwave water on high for 3 minutes or until boiling. Stir in brown sugar and remaining cocoa powder; blend until combined. Pour over batter and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brownie is firm. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
To serve, puree 1 1/2 packages of fresh raspberries with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in a food processor or blender until smooth. Puddle raspberry puree over bottom of serving plate and sprinkle edges of plate with chocolate shavings. Arrange a generous piece of warm brownie in center of puree and top with large dollop of whipped cream. Use additional fresh raspberries as garnish. Arrange chocolate hearts in whipped cream and serve immediately.
To prepare chocolate hearts, heat chocolate melts in your microwave oven at 20-second intervals, stirring between intervals, until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into small freezer bag and snip one corner to create a "pastry tube". Pipe heart shapes onto waxed paper and allow to cool until hard.
Makes 6 servings.