Halloween Party Sundaes
Shake and make your own ice cream—Halloween style!
- 1/4 cup – Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup – milk (whole, 1% or 2%)
- 1/2 cup – heavy cream (do not use Half & Half)
- 1/2 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 to 3 cups – ice
- 1/2 cup – table salt, kosher salt or rock salt
- 1-quart zipper-style freezer bag
- 1-gallon zipper-style freezer bag
- Black Chocolate Syrup (recipe below)
- sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, gummy or sugar eye balls, gummy worms (optional)
Pour sugar, milk, heavy cream, vanilla and food coloring into quart-sized freezer bag. Seal bag securely.
Put ice and salt into the gallon-sized freezer bag. Place sealed bag of ingredients into bag with ice and salt. Seal gallon bag securely.
Wearing gloves to protect your hands from the ice-cold, hold top and bottom of gallon bag and shake vigorously from side to side.
Continue to shake the bag for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cream mixture inside the quart bag becomes solid. This makes a delicious soft-serve ice cream.
Remove the quart bag from the bag of ice, wiping the outside free of moisture. Open and serve with Domino® Black Chocolate Syrup. Decorate as desired.
Domino® Black Chocolate Syrup:
2 cups – Domino® Confectioners Sugar
3 tablespoons – unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons – water or milk
1/2 teaspoon – vanilla extract
2 to 3 drops of black food dye
In a large mixing bowl, blend confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, water or milk and vanilla extract. Add black food dye one drop at a time to reach desired shade of black.
Yields 1 to 1 1/4 cups of ice cream, 1 cup of chocolate syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Lisa Basini, the Baking Coach®
: Playing music during the shaking process makes it more fun!