- 1 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup - firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 2 tablespoons - milk
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla
- 4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 1 - (1 lb.) pkg. Domino® Confectioners Sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
- 4-6 tablespoons - water or milk
- Food coloring
Beat butter and sugars together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough 3-4 hours until chilled.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time, to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool. Decorate as desired.
Makes about 7 dozen cookies.
To Prepare Glaze:
In large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with water until mixture is desired consistency. Add more water for a thinner consistency and less for a thicker consistency. Add food coloring, a dash at a time, until desired shade.