Light Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. - baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. - salt
- 3 - large (or 4 small) ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup - Domino® Light Sugar & Stevia Blend
- 3/4 cup - (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 - large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. - vanilla extract
- 1 cup - chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin pans, or line with paper baking cups, and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, combine peeled bananas and Light Sugar & Stevia Blend, beating for about 3 minutes. Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla; beat well, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Reduce speed, and gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until half full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Enjoy muffins warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yields 24 muffins.