No-Bake Jungle Bars
- 1 - (9.5 oz) box animal crackers, divided
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups - creamy or chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups - Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 - (12 oz) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Lightly grease 9-inch square baking dish.
Set aside 24 animal crackers for garnish. Place the remaining crackers between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Using a rolling pin, crush crackers to crumbs. Place crushed crackers in a large bowl. Add butter, 1 1/2 cups peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
In small saucepan, over medium heat, combine remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir with wooden spoon until mixture is melted. Pour over crust. Line the remaining 24 animal crackers in rows on top. Refrigerate until firm enough to cut. Cut into 24 squares, with 1 animal cracker on each.
Makes 24 bars.