Strawberry Melon Granita
- 1/3 cup - Domino® Granulated or Superfine Sugar
- 1/3 cup - water
- 3 cups - cubed seeded watermelon
- 2 cups - sliced strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon - grated gingerroot
- 1/2 cup - pineapple juice
- fresh whole strawberries (optional)
Combine sugar and water in large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Cool syrup.
Puree watermelon in blender. Add strawberries and gingerroot. Blend until mixture is fairly smooth. Add fruit puree and pineapple juice to sugar syrup. Pour into 13x9-inch baking pan. Freeze 3 to 5 hours or until firm, stirring and breaking up large ice crystals with fork 3 or 4 times.
Just before serving, scrape fork through mixture to flake ice into crystals. Spoon into chilled dessert bowls or sherbet glasses. Garnish with whole fresh strawberries, if desired.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.