Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- 2 pints - fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces - rhubarb, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup - all-purpose flour
- Large pinch salt
For Cobbler Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 3 tablespoons - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 5 tablespoons - (2 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon - cream, divided
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
To make the filling, gently mix together the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, flour and salt. Place in a 9-inch square pan.
To make the topping, mix together the flour, salt, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in butter with a fork, two knives or a pastry blender, until it is about 1/2 inch in size and evenly distributed. Add 1/2 cup of cream, and stir until the dough comes together.
On a lightly floured board, press the dough until 1/2 inch thick. Cut into ten 2 1/4-inch circles. Re-roll scraps as necessary to get ten circles. Place the circles in the pan on top of the fruit. Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon of cream on top of the circles and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown and the rhubarb is soft.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Emily Luchetti