White Christmas Fudge
- 2 1/2 cups - Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2/3 cup - milk
- 1/4 cup - butter or margarine
- 12 ozs - white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon - almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup - dried cherries, cranberries, or apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup - toasted almond slices
Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil.
Mix confectioners' sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Over medium heat, add butter and, stirring constantly, bring to boil. Without stirring, boil for 5 minutes.
Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract. Stir, then whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in dried cherries and toasted almonds*. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Invert pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares. Garnish as desired
Makes 36 squares.
* To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until they begin to brown.
Look for dried cherries in the bulk foods or produce section of your supermarket.
For a thicker fudge, as shown in photo, double the recipe.