Winter Green Salad with Pears and Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoons - firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons - apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1/2 teaspoon - pepper
- 1/2 cup - olive oil
- 1 wedge - Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Green salad:
- 1 head - radicchio
- 2 heads - Belgian endive
- 1 - (10 oz) bag spinach
- 3 medium - ripe pears, peeled cored and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup - toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
In very large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil until blended.
With vegetable peeler, shave 1 cup loosely packed shavings from wedge of Parmesan cheese; set aside.
Add radicchio, endive, spinach and pears to large bowl; toss. Drizzle with dressing. Serve salad topped with Parmesan shavings and walnuts.
Makes 10 servings.