1 cup ketchup
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
Add tomatoes, vinegar, onion and garlic to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
After 30 minutes, add paprika, cinnamon, salt and agave syrup. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool. Once cooled, add the mixture to a blender, or use an immersion blender, and purée the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Mixture should be thin enough to be pourable.
Store in refrigerator in an airtight jar for 2 to 3 weeks.