Maple Brown Sugar Cookies
2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Domino® Maple Flavored Granules , plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling cookie tops
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and maple flavored granules until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla; mix until incorporated. Add flour mixture in 1-cup measures on low speed and mix until creamy.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Press down lightly with a fork and sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of maple flavored granules.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookie edges are golden. Store in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.