Agave Apple Butter
3 (10-oz.) containers
- 10 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 cups Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Syrups
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Place apples in a slow cooker with heat turned on high. In a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Pour mixture over apples; mix well to coat. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for approximately 8 to 9 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is dark brown and thickened. Remove cover and cook on low for another hour.
Store apple butter in airtight containers in refrigerator or freezer.
For a smoother texture, stir apple butter with wire whisk before storing.