Agave Cranberry-Orange Chutney
12 to 18 servings
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup (1 large) Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (2 oranges) orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Syrups
Place all ingredients, except for the agave nectar, into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until mixture begins to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and continue to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add agave nectar and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed. For best flavor, bring to room temperature before serving.
Delicious when served with agave sweet and savory crostini and a sprinkling of crumbled goat cheese. Arrange crostinis on a serving platter covered with fresh greens for color, then top each with crumbled goat cheese. Place a dollop of chutney on top of the cheese and serve. Garnish with orange zest and toasted pecans or walnuts.
Click here for Agave Sweet and Savory Crostini recipe.