Agave Mashed Sweet Potatoes
3 1/2 cups
- 2 pounds (about 5 small) sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- 1/4 cup Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chives, chopped
Peel and chop sweet potatoes into uniform cubes, about 1-inch. Steam or boil until tender. Strain water, if boiled.
Place cooked sweet potatoes and butter into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat for approximately 2 minutes. With a spatula, scrape down sides of bowl; add cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue beating for 1 minute. Slowly pour in cream; continue beating until combined. Add agave nectar; mix until well incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with chives.