Agave Pineapple Marinade & Finishing Sauce
6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 each, red and green bell peppers, sliced into 8 sections
- 1 red onion, quartered and separated
- 6 to 8 metal skewers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reserved marinade
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
Place all ingredients in an airtight container; shake well to combine. Makes 2 cups; use 1 cup for marinade, and reserve 1 cup for finishing sauce.
Marinate chicken, pineapple and vegetables for 2 hours or overnight. Assemble kebabs on skewers by alternating ingredients.
Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
In a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch and the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Add agave nectar; mix well.
Serve finishing sauce with kebabs.
After handling raw poultry, always wash hands and contact surfaces thoroughly.
Completely cook chicken through until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F.