Agave Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
approximately 3 1/2 dozen meatballs
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage meat
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons crushed red hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly grease and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for meatballs, until well blended. Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls. Bake for 30 minutes or until center is no longer pink.
In a large saucepan, mix sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
Add cooked meatballs to sauce. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring to coat. Serve warm.