- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/4 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
Cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Alternately add the flour mixture and the apples to the creamed mixture; stir in nuts. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until bread is nicely browned and springs back when lightly pressed in center. Cool completely before slicing.