Apple Crumb Pie
- prepared pastry for one-crust 9-inch pie
- 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup oats, rolled
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, cut into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim and crimp edges as desired; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, lemon rind, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples; toss well. Arrange in pastry-lined plate.
In a small bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Spoon topping over apples. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
Bake 15 minutes; reset oven temperature to 350°F and bake another 40 minutes, or until apples are tender. (When topping begins to brown, cover with foil.) Remove to cooling rack.