Apple Strudel Phyllo Purses
- 1/4 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar or Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 (14x18-inch) sheets phyllo dough
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
Combine brown sugar, dried cherries, walnuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add apples and stir to evenly coat apples with sugar.
Work with one sheet of phyllo at a time and keep remaining sheets covered with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap. Fold a sheet of phyllo crosswise and lengthwise into quarters. Scoop 1/4 of the apple mixture onto center of folded phyllo. Bring corners and sides of phyllo up into a bundle; pinch tightly and slightly twist at center to hold closed. Place bundle on prepared pan. Immediately brush phyllo with butter.
Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over buttered tops. Repeat with remaining seven sheets of phyllo and apple mixture.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until phyllo is browned and apple juices begin to sizzle.