Banana-Raisin Nut Muffins
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups (about 5 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups bran
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated (optional)
- 3/4 cup granola (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and mix well. Stir in bananas and eggs, until light and smooth.
In another bowl, combine flour, bran, salt, baking soda and raisins; add to butter-sugar mixture; mix well. Add in any or all of the optional ingredients. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes; remove from muffin cups.