Berry Special Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vanilla or lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen, thawed), such as blackberries, blueberries, cranberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups; set aside.
In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
In large mixing bowl combine vanilla yogurt, milk, brown sugar, vegetable oil and egg. Add the egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened; stir in berries.
Stir together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, add butter; blend until crumbly. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.