Best Ever Applesauce Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar (for sprinkling)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and applesauce. Gradually add flour mixture, alternately with milk, until well blended. Stir in raisins and nuts. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
When cooled, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.