3 dozen (3-inch) cookies
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg; mix well. Add anise seeds and extract; mix.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to the sugar mixture, mixing after each addition. Dough will come together and form a ball.
Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
Cut out dough using star- and crescent-shaped cookie cutters. Place cookie cutouts on prepared baking sheets.
In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together. Sprinkle each cookie with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Bake 6 to7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.