Bittersweet Chocolate Mocha Cookies
about 32 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips, bittersweet or semisweet, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare parchment-lined or nonstick cookie sheets.
In medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and all the coffee. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat, stirring at 30-second intervals, until chocolate and butter are melted. Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
Stir sugars, eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture and stir until incorporated; stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips. Drop by neatly rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies appear set. Do not overbake. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to racks to finish cooling.
Featured by Anna Ginsberg, Austin, TX (www.cookiemadness.net).