Blueberry Almond Squares
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted and slivered, divided
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, washed, divided
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar (for sprinkling)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter sides and bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
In large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; with an electric mixer, beat until smooth and light. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition. Mix in vanilla. On low speed, gradually mix in flour, salt, baking powder and 1 cup of almonds.
Spread half of the batter in the bottom of prepared pan. Arrange 2 cups of blueberries over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over blueberries and spread in an even layer. Place remaining blueberries over top; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Gently press blueberries halfway into batter.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before cutting into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Store covered at room temperature.
Featured by Emily Luchetti.