Brown Sugar Fudge
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups Domino® Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Line an 8 1/2” X 4 1/2” loaf pan or 6” X 6” pan with parchment paper, grease the paper, and set aside.
2. Stir together the sugars, water, and half and half over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pot and boil the sugar mixture until it reaches the soft ball stage or 240°F. on the candy thermometer. This should take about 6 - 8 minutes. Remove pot from the heat immediately then add the butter and vanilla, stirring gently while butter melts.
4. Turn the mixture into a bowl, cool for 25-30 minutes to 130 F. then; beat with a hand held mixer for 3 minutes on medium speed until it lightens in color, thickens, and begins to lose its shine but is still pourable. Do not over beat.
5. Quickly pour the mixture into the prepared pan then quickly sprinkle the walnuts over the top, pressing them into the fudge to level the fudge in the pan. Cool completely before cutting.
Fudge can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Soft ball stage is when a small amount of mixture is dropped into cold water and it forms a soft ball.