Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 cup packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh fruit, for garnish
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Pour batter into pan.
Bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
Place cream in chilled bowl; beat until foamy. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff.
Top pound cake with whipped cream and fruit.