Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 cup - packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup - (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 - eggs
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- Fresh fruit
Sweetened Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup - heavy whipping cream
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract
To Prepare Pound Cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Pour batter into pan. Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely. Top with whipped cream and fruit.
To Prepare Whipped Cream:
Place cream in chilled bowl. Beat until foamy. Add Domino® Confectioners Sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff.
Makes 8 servings.