Brownie and Coffee Ice Cream Cake
- 3 ounces - semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine
- 2 - eggs
- 2/3 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup - all-purpose flour
- 1 cup - chopped nuts
Ice cream layer:
- 1 pint - coffee-flavored ice cream
- 8 ounces - bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup - heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon - instant espresso granules
- 1 tablespoon - butter or margarine
- Sweetened whipped cream (recipe follows)
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottom and side of an 8-inch springform cake pan.
In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter; cool.
In large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar at medium speed until the mixture is pale yellow and doubled in volume, about 4 minutes. On low speed, slowly beat chocolate mixture into eggs. Add flour and nuts. Stir to combine.
Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
To Prepare Ice Cream Layer:
Remove brownie from cake pan. Clean pan and return brownie to pan. Spread softened ice cream over the brownie layer. Place in freezer until the ice cream freezes, about 1 hour.
Remove pan from freezer and pour glaze over top, covering it completely. Freeze for several hours or until set.
To Prepare Chocolate Glaze:
Place chocolate in small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, espresso granules and butter and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and pour the hot cream mixture over chocolate and let mixture stand for 30 seconds to melt chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes or until slightly cool.
To Prepare Sweetened Whipped Cream:
In chilled, medium bowl, combine 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons Domino® Granulated Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
To serve, garnish ice cream cake with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate-covered espresso beans.
Makes 8 servings.