24 to 30 cake pops
- 1 recipe for Golden Yellow Cake or Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. white chocolate wafers
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. milk chocolate wafers
- 24 to 30 craft or lollipop sticks
- assorted sprinkles
Bake cake according to directions. Cool completely and crumble into large mixing bowl; set aside.
In another bowl, using electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, butter, milk and vanilla, blending until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over crumbled cake; mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
Once cake mixture is chilled, roll into 1 1/2- to 2-inch balls and place in lined muffin pans. Place filled pans in freezer for minimum 2 hours.
Heat white chocolate wafers in microwave-safe bowl. Cook on HIGH 60 to 75 seconds, checking every 20 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Repeat in separate bowl with milk chocolate.
Remove cake balls from freezer and insert lollipop stick halfway into center of each. Dip frozen cake balls into melted chocolate. Tap cake pop slightly to remove excess chocolate; immediately add sprinkles. Chocolate will harden quickly, so you may want to insert cake pops into a piece of Styrofoam to dry upright.