Candied Sweet Potatoes with Apple
3 to 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 1 medium apple (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Demerara Washed Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple or orange juice
In a medium covered saucepan, cook sweet potatoes (in enough boiling water to cover them) 25 to 35 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Peel potatoes, then cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; set aside.
Core apple and thinly slice into 1/8-inch thick rings. Cut apple rings in half crosswise. Place apple slices in 1-quart casserole. Place sweet potato slices on top of apple slices. Sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle melted butter and juice over top.
Bake, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Stir gently to serve, spooning juices over potato and apple slices.