18 to 24 cookies
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramels
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla; combine well. Add flour and salt; mix well.
Shape cookie dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Flatten slightly and press dough around each caramel to cover completely. Reshape into ball and roll in pecans.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack.
This recipe comes from Linda Ibelle of Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire.