Caramelized Onion Dip
1 3/4 cups dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each white pepper and salt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until the liquid is reabsorbed by the onion and onion is soft, but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Add minced onion and sugar, stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture becomes saucy.
Remove pan from heat and cool slightly. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream.
Stir in Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and black pepper, white pepper and salt.
Chill mixture at least 2 hours before serving.
Serve topped with minced chives.