- 1 1/2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar 1 1/2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs 4 large eggs
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and grated to yield 4 cups 1 lb. carrots, peeled and grated to yield 4 cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened 1pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb. Domino® Confectioners Sugar 1 lb. Domino® Confectioners Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
In mixer bowl beat sugar, oil, and eggs together on medium speed for 1 minute.
Stir in carrots then all the dry ingredients until batter is blended. Scoop batter into muffin tins 2/3 full (1/4 cup) and bake 23-25 minutes or until tops are “peaked” and pick inserted in the middle is almost dry.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar and beat until whipped.
Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a star or other desired tip. Frost cupcakes in a circular motion; starting from the edge and working toward the middle.
The more fine the carrots are grated the less they look like “carrots” in the finished cupcakes
If frosting is too soft to pipe, chill the frosting in the piping bag a bit before applying to the cupcakes