Carrot Layer Cake with Orange Buttercream Frosting
2-layer 9-inch cake
- 2 cups packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
In large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat into sugar mixture, alternating with oil; fold in carrots and walnuts. Pour into pans.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans; turn out onto rack and cool completely.
In medium bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, salt, orange juice and orange rind until smooth and creamy. Frost completely cooled cake.
This cake is also delicious with cream cheese frosting. Click here for Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.