Carrot Orange Coconut Cake
- 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 3 1/2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
Beat brown sugar, sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl until creamy. Add mandarin oranges, vanilla and orange peel; continue beating until well mixed. On low speed, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt; mix well. Stir in carrots and coconut. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter, orange peel and extracts in a large bowl; beat until desired spreading consistency.
Frost cooled cake. Decorate as desired.