Champagne Brunch Cookies
2 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry champagne or white sparkling grape juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup orange zest
- 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
Mix butter, eggs, and champagne in large bowl, beating at low speed for 3 minutes. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar, beating until well mixed. Stir in coconut and orange zest. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely before frosting.
Mix together sugar, orange juice and melted butter or margarine in small bowl; beat until desired spreading consistency.
Featured by Suzanne Boerbon of Inver Grove Hts., Minnesota.