- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (not wintergreen)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1 lb.) box Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8-inch square pan.
Combine butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan. Melt over low heat until just melted. Remove from heat and set aside until slightly warm, but not hot. Add sugar, salt, extracts and eggs until well combined. Mix in flour and nuts (if using). Scrape batter into prepared pan.
Bake 25 to 28 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly moist--be careful not to overbake.
Combine all ingredients, except for food coloring, until smooth. Add 1 to 2 drops of food coloring until you reach desired shade of green. Spread frosting on cooled brownies, then refrigerate for 5 minutes.
In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, until blended and smooth, stirring often. Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
Spread glaze over set frosting. Chill again until firm. Let come to almost-room temperature before cutting into bars.
Cut 16 squares with sharp knife. Serve plain or with mint ice cream and chocolate sauce.